Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Shopping in your local store











“Shopping, ever been, what a circus”


I had the lucky pleasure of shopping at our local grocery store and as I was wandering down the many aisles of stacked foods, I began to watch other shoppers.

What became more amazing were those people that had their buggies stacked with foods, and those that had just a few items. It was also amazing to try and navigate the thin asles while others were parked in them and had no intention of moving.

It was almost as if I needed a horn to say “Please pardon, me and let me through”, I stood behind some shoppers who had to know I was trying to go around them and they were just looking at items and I know they knew I was there but had no intention of moving.
I finally said to them in a loud voice “Excuse Me Please”, they still did not pay attention, then all of a sudden they moved there buggy just a few inches forward and I was able to get around them. I know, they may still be there, standing and holding others up.
Then you have the ladies with those huge race car buggies and they are not only packing in the foods, but they have their children screaming, that they want this and the want that.

I make sure I make a turn on a different isle when I see this major tie up. No need to get behind a school bus that stops and checks out every can good. I would rather take the long way around the store and find a clear path, than to stand behind some screaming children.

Put it this way if my wife was well enough to shop, she would do all the shopping, but since she is not well, that means I am in charge.
So I take my time when I go, and sometimes I go late at night, or early in the morning and when I say early I mean early.

If I have to stop during the day, I will but it is not to do some major shopping, run in get what I need and out the door I go.

Most Americans, have well paying jobs and buy the major brands of foods, I mean the ones that cost the most. Me I look for the store brand, first off because it is always cheaper and cheaper is what I like. If I can buy something for 88 cents rather than 2 dollars guess which one wins. Your right the 88 cent brand, who cares if it is not the best or name brand. .

One more thing that gets on my nerves when I am shopping is these so called do it yourself check out lines, I mean when I check out I want a real American person behind the counter, one who talks and smiles. I do not like scanning items and bagging them myself. I would like to see more Americans back behind check out lines, give people work, do not let automation take over.

Ok I know I am just one American shopper that frequents local shops, but I am one that cares and if I do not get good service I will make sure that everyone knows it, plus they will loose me as a paying customer. They say who cares about me, well I care and if I can get more people to stop going to a certain store, guess who wins, I do because their business will slack off and then they will have to remember my complaint.

So as an American who shops every month several times a month, look out because I look for the bargains, and there is nothing wrong with looking for the good deals, more so in this time of need in our country.

Just be prepared to stand in long lines when you have someone with a buggy full of food. If I can make it with say 20 items hey that is all I need, I can always go back and get something else when the time gets later. No need to tie up the lines any worse than they can become.

Shop American, but look for bargains, store brands are just as good as those big name companies.

If you save a penny you have made your day.


Thanks

Tino Patti

No comments: